Saturday, January 30, 2016

How to select text in Android for copy and paste

Decided to make this post as I have a hard time trying to select text in my Xperia M5 which run on Andriod.

I googled for the answer and I can find none.

How to select text in Android
How to highlight text in Android
How to copy and paste in Android.

All of them give me answer like: to select text in Andriod, tab and hold to select the text.
So I tab and hold on the word that I want to select and a magnifying glass comes out instead!

After pressing, tabbing and holding on the screen for several minutes, I finally find the answer..

1. Double tab on the words to bring out the 2 cursors for selecting text in Andriod.
2. Drag the 2 cursors to highlight the text your want to copy.

And in case, you are wondering what the 4 symbols at the top menu means. They are select all, cut, copy, paste.

Double Tap to select text in Android

Tab and hold to magnify text in Android